The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the auto parts company O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All Time Highlist first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation over the past year. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/5 the stock gained 10.19%.
O'Reilly Automotive, Inc. is one of the largest specialty retailers of automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and accessories in the United States, serving both professional service providers and do-it-yourself customers. O'Reilly Automotive are the dominant auto parts retailer in all of market areas. O'Reilly Automotive provides new and remanufactured automotive hard parts, such as alternators, starters, fuel pumps, water pumps, brake system components, batteries, belts, hoses, temperature control, chassis parts, driveline parts and engine parts; maintenance items, such as oil, antifreeze, fluids, filters, wiper blades, lighting, engine additives and appearance products; and accessories, such as floor mats, seat covers and truck accessories.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 61.47+ Weighted Alpha
- 66.87% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 7.48% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.51%
- Technical support level at 388.79
- Recently traded at 393.30 with a 50 day moving average of 369.23
- Market Cap $30.70 billion
- P/E 24.10
- Revenue expected to grow 6.70% this year and another 5.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 10.40% this year, an additional 11.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.91% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 11 strong buy, 5 buy and 10 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 346 to 32 that the stock will beat the market
- 12,437 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha