The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the international mining company Rio Tinto (RIO). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort its Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/29 the stock gained 6.01%.
Rio Tinto PLC is an international mining company. The Company has interests in mining for aluminum, borax, coal, copper, gold, iron ore, lead, silver, tin, uranium, zinc, titanium, dioxide feedstock, diamonds, talc and zircon. RTZ's various mining operations are located in New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, Europe and Canada.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 23.79+ Weighted Alpha
- 17.46% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 14.20% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.75%
- Technical support level at 61.68
- Market Cap $78.77 billion
- Dividend yield 5.82%
- Most Wall Street analysts do not make revenue and earnings projections on foreign stock
- However, they have made 4 strong buy, 1 buy and 1 hold recommendations to their clients
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 14 to 2 that the stock will beat the market
- 39,411 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha