The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the used car dealer CarMax (KMX). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/26 the stock gained 23.31%.
CarMax, Inc. operates as a retailer of used cars. The Company also sells vehicles through on-site wholesale auctions, as well as sells new vehicles under franchise agreements. It operates used car superstores, provides customers with a range of other related products and services, including the appraisal and purchase of vehicles directly from consumers, the sale of extended service plans, guaranteed asset protection and accessories and vehicle repair service. CarMax, Inc. is based in Richmond, Virginia.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 29.29+ Weighted Alpha
- 23.07% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 20 new highs and up 26.92% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 83.49%
- Technical support level at 75.28
- Recently traded at 77.62 with a 50 day moving average of 64.39
- Market Cap $12.92 billion
- P/E 15.66
- Revenue expected to grow 5.70% this year and another 5.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 6.10% this year, an additional 8.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 13.46% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 8 strong buy, 2 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 1090 to 94 that the stock will beat the market
- 10,683 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha