The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the insurance holding company W.R.Berkley (WRB), I found the stock by sorting Barchart's New All Time Highlist first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/31 the stock gained 13.87%.
W. R. Berkley Corporation is an insurance holding company that is among the largest commercial lines writers in the United States and operates worldwide in two segments of the property casualty insurance business: Insurance and Reinsurance. Each of the operating units within Berkley participates in a niche market requiring specialized knowledge about a territory or product. W. R. Berkley competitive advantage lies in long-term strategy of decentralized operations, allowing each of units to identify and respond quickly and effectively to changing market conditions and local customer needs. This decentralized structure provides financial accountability and incentives to local management and enables to attract and retain the highest caliber professionals. W. R. Berkley have the expertise and resources to utilize strengths in the present environment, and the flexibility to anticipate, innovate and respond to whatever opportunities and challenges the future may hold.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- 21.10+ Weighted Alpha
- 18.25% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 4.24% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.30%
- Technical support level at 57.59
- Recently traded at 58.35 with a 50 day moving average of 55.88
- Market Cap $10.60 billion
- P/E 21.93
- Dividend yield .69%
- Revenue expected to grow .50% this year and another 3.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 6.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 11.5% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 206 to 17 that the stock will beat the market
- 3,630 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha