The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the gold mining company Sibanye Gold (SBGL). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Own list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/24 the stock gained 26.74%.
Sibanye Gold Limited is a gold mining company. It operates two gold mines: the Kloof Driefontein Complex (KDC) and the Beatrix gold mines. Sibanye Gold Limited is based in Houghton, South Africa.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 155.88+ Weighted Alpha
- 116.09% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 45.74% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.32%
- Technical support level at 6.72
- Recently traded at 6.91 with a 50 day moving average of 5.51
- Market Cap $3.88 billion
- The analysts consensus is that Earnings will compound at an annual rate pf 53.60% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 buy and 1 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 36 to 8 that the stock will beat the market
- 12,824 investors are monitoring the stock on Seeking Alpha