The Barchart Chart of the Day belongs to the tool and instrument company L.S. Starrett (SCX). I found the stock by sorting Barchart's Top Stocks to Ownlist first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/13 the stock gained 46.80%.
The L.S. Starrett Company is engaged in the business of manufacturing industrial, professional, and consumer products. Much of their production is concentrated in hand measuring tools and precision instruments.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 20.10+ Weighted Alpha
- 1.43% gin in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 49.43% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 83.92%
- Technical support level at 7.77
- Recently traded at 8.44 with a 50 day moving average of 5.9
- Market Cap $55 million
- At the present time there are no Wall Street analysts making projection on this stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 102 to 5 that the stock will beat the market
- 567 investors are following the stock on Seeking Alpha